The Maccabi Henry Jolson Pathways Program provides a valuable link between Maccabi Clubs and the Jewish day schools; offering children an opportunity to participate in sports and learn new ones as a result of subsidised specialised sports coaches. The Program is focused on promoting the benefits of sports and physical activity among young people, helping to develop critical skills such as teamwork, leadership, and resilience as well as creating a pathway for our children to engage in sports, from grassroots to elite levels.
This has involved:
- Fully qualified coaches delivering unrivalled expertise and knowledge in their sports to provide unique opportunities for both students and teachers.
- Building strong pathways for children that wish to participate in sport in a Jewish environment.
- Promoting health and wellbeing which is shown to improve learning outcomes for students.
- Promoting sports and healthy lifestyles which is shown to reduce illness and student absenteeism.
- Providing children with greater diversity through interactions with children from other schools.
- Lifting the profile of sport within the school environment.
- Helping to fast track the progression of individual students and teams resulting in greater success to their schools.
- Providing pathways to Junior Carnivals and Maccabiah Games.
The Pathways Program currently partners with the following schools:
- Beth Rivkah Ladies College
- Bialik College
- King David School
- Mt Scopus Memorial College (Caulfield Campus)
- Sholem Aleichem College
- Leibler Yavneh College
- Yeshivah College
- Yesodei Hatorah College
Contact: [email protected]