Maccabi aims to create a safe, fair, inclusive and enjoyable environment.
We want to ensure that every athlete, member, staff, volunteer, official and coach who participates in Maccabi activities is treated with respect and dignity. Maccabi opposes all unlawful and unfair behaviours, and seeks to protect all our people – and especially those who are most vulnerable – from unlawful discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse and other inappropriate behaviours.
To assist with this, we have created Integrity & Member Protection Policies (“MPPs”). You can read them in the Online Member Protection Handbook here which outlines Maccabi’s vision of a culture that protects the health, safety and wellbeing of all its participants, sets out relevant legal obligations and expected standards of behaviour, and explains grievance processes that participants can follow if they believe that those standards have not been met.
Maccabi participants include many children, young people and vulnerable people. Recognising this, the MPPs have a special focus on policies and steps that are designed to reflect current community standards regarding child protection and inclusion.
We will treat very seriously any failure to meet our standards. We may discipline anyone found to have behaved inappropriately. This might include excluding them from Maccabi activities. And if the breach is serious enough, we may involve relevant authorities.
We require all those involved in Maccabi activities (whether they are athletes, members, staff, volunteers, officials or coaches), and all parents of our junior athletes and coaches, to read and understand this Handbook and to be aware of their obligations to comply with Maccabi’s standards of behaviour.
We are sure you will understand, and will do what you can to make Maccabi an enjoyable and safe environment for all.
Our Integrity and Member Protection Handbook:
- outlines Maccabi’s vision of a culture that protects the health, safety and wellbeing of all its participants;
- sets out relevant legal obligations and expected standards of behaviour; and
- explains grievance processes that participants can follow if they believe that those standards have not been met.
Click here to view the Maccabi Integrity and Member Protection Handbook.
The Handbook includes Maccabi’s Code of Conduct which outlines the minimum standards of behaviour for anyone involved with or participating in Maccabi. The Code of Conduct applies both on and off the sporting field and at all Maccabi-sanctioned events. It summarises the overarching principles that apply to all Maccabi participants.
The Handbook also includes our policies on:
- safety and wellbeing of children , young people and vulnerable people
- inclusion, including anti-discrimination and harassment, all abilities, pregnancy and gender diversity;
- social media ;
- intimate relationships ;
- drugs and anti-doping and alcohol and smoking;
- travel; and
- screening, recruitment and induction .
For further information on any of the matters set out in this Handbook please contact your local Maccabi Office:
Maccabi Australia | 03 9563 5865 | [email protected]
Maccabi Victoria | 03 9563 5885 | [email protected]
Maccabi NSW | 02 9331 0573 | [email protected]
Maccabi WA | 08 9375 8785 | [email protected]
Maccabi QLD | [email protected]
An interactive training program has been developed and recently updated.
Maccabi requires all Officers, Managers, Coaches and Volunteers to complete the training to ensure that you have the relevant information and knowledge to comply with the Child Safety requirements and be better equipped in your role to deal with issues as they arise.
To access the training, you need to be signed into the training platform. If you are a first-time user, you will be prompted to enter some details as per the screenshot below. Once completed you can start the training and complete it in your own time. You will receive a certificate of completion once you successfully navigate the assessment.
The training is module based and quite easy to follow – complete each section and click Next to continue.
The sections below provide useful links, contacts and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have other questions, or just want to talk about an Integrity and Member Protection issue:
- the INTEGRITY & MEMBER PROTECTION SUBCOMMITTEE is responsible for reviewing policies and suggesting updated policies and processes to the MAI Board. The subcommittee comprises of state representatives, as well as legal and psychology professionals.
- the Maccabi INTEGRITY & MEMBER PROTECTION OFFICER (MPO) is responsible for providing administrative support for the Integrity and Member Protection program and they are available to provide general guidance on the Integrity and Member Protection Program.
- the STATE INTEGRITY & MEMBER PROTECTION COMMITTEE MEMBER reports to the State Committee on any Integrity and Member Protection issues which have arisen. They liaise with clubs to assist the Integrity & Member Protection Officer in ensuring that the club is meeting their requirements. They are available to clubs to approach to discuss
- Integrity and Member Protection Program
Please contact [email protected] for any queries